Photos from Greenpoint and any other random place I may be at.

Photos from Greenpoint and any other random place we may visit.


Weekend in NY (April 8)

My favorite types of weekends, are the weekends when we have nothing to do.

On Friday night we checked out Coppelia, a new Cuban restaurant in Chelsea. For a couple of hours, I felt like I was in Miami. The food was good, solid Cuban food. My only complaint was that my cortadito didn't have sugar. When I asked our waiter about it, he said they were making it with sugar and people complained that it was too sweet. Hello, cortadito's are supposed to be sweet, try telling the ladies at La Carreta in Miami that you don't want sugar in your cortadito.

After dinner we decided to go for a walk and a drink. We found a really cool bar on 17th Street, but there was an hour wait, so we kept walking. We then went to Rye House, which was okay. After one drink, we decided to go to The Flatiron Lounge. What a cool old-school cocktail kind of place. I finished the night with an Old Cuban and that's a drink, not an old Cuban viejo.



On Saturday, we did some Spring cleaning. We cleaned the office and we took pictures of Rob's old kites to sell on e-bay. We also took 6 bags of old clothing to The Salvation Army. I lost 180 pounds and no, I didn't get rid of Rob.

For dinner we went to Diner, because I had won a gift certificate at our work Holiday Party. We decided to ride our bikes. The 3 feet of snow that my bike was under for most of winter, really rusted it up. I need to take it to get fixed. Diner had a wait, so we went next door to have a drink at Marlow and Sons. I had the best, best Bloody Mary ever. I am still thinking about it. I want another one NOW!









Sunday was a lazy day, we rode our bikes around Greenpoint and Williamsburg. We finished our bike ride at Habitat, where I had another Bloody Mary. It was not as good as the one from Marlow and Sons. For dinner, we had corned beef short ribs at our friend's house. Ummm....yeah...they were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment