Photos from Greenpoint and any other random place I may be at.

Photos from Greenpoint and any other random place we may visit.


Photo 43 – September 16, 2010

Brooklyn Tornado

As I was getting ready to leave work, I looked out the window and noticed that the sky had turned black. I decided to wait out the storm. Suddenly one of my windows flew open. I ran and closed the window, as I was closing it, I heard a commotion in the hallway. I ran to the hallway and saw things flying out of a classroom. I ran into the classroom and I was shocked at what I saw. The wind had pushed the windows open and there was about 3 inches of water in the room, everything was soaked. I would push the windows closed and the wind would open them again. Then suddenly, it ended, I was able to close the windows. We walked down the hall and assessed the damage, there were 7 classrooms that were flooded. The hood was in worse shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment