Photos from Greenpoint and any other random place I may be at.

Photos from Greenpoint and any other random place we may visit.


Weekend in NY - 10/7/11

Me: I had so much fun when we rented bikes at the beach last weekend, maybe I should get one.
Hubbs:  You want a bike?

By Friday, I had a bike.

We spend Saturday morning buying things for my bike.  Helmet, padded shorts, jersey, socks, shoes, clippy shoe things.  Saturday afternoon, we decide to go for a ride.

Hubbs: Let's go to Roosevelt or Randall's Island, so that you can get used to the shoes.
Me: No, I want to go to Central Park.
Hubbs: Okay, are you sure?
Me: Yup


So we take the Queensboro Bridge over to Central Park.  There are no bike lanes on the way to the park, but it's okay. There is some traffic, but manageable.  We get to the park.  Half of NY is there.  There are pedestrians, horse carriages, those bike carriages, baby carriages, tourists and other bikers....but it's fine.  As we leave the park, the hubbs says follow me.  He then tries to take me in between two taxi's and a car, then he takes me the wrong way on a one way street...all of this on streets that have no bike lanes and stupid clippy shoes.

As we were crossing the Queenboro Bridge back to Queens, I almost threw my bike off the bridge.


On Sunday we went to Randall's Island.



No comments:

Post a Comment